Tuesday, February 10, 2009

How much??

Right now the congress is debating on how to spend close to $1 trillion. Do you know how much that is? $1,000,000,000,000.00. Twelve 0s. There are almost 300 million people in this country, divide that trillion by 300 million and you get a bill of $3333.33 per man, woman, and child. That means that my house is on the hook for $10,000. How about your family? But guess what we didn't account for? Interest. The interest is estimated to bring the total up to $1,300,000,000,000. Now what are you on the hook for? $4333.33. My family is responsible for $13,000. How about yours?

What are we going to gain from that $4333.33? Not much.

Wouldn't it be nice if they would take a little time to consider how this will impact our economy in the long run as opposed to just push push push this bill through? Maybe they could explain why there is over 200 pages on the creation of a national health care bureaucracy? Pages 434-653 inclusive. The whole bill is "only" 680 pages so those 219 pages make up 32% of the bill.Last time I checked there is little coming from Washington to explain all of that except to say that your health records will be digitized. I tried to read those pages and pages of bureaucracy lingo, and all I gained from it is, besides a headache, THIS BILL IS NOT ABOUT CHANGING THE HEALTH CARE SYSTEM!!!!!! I don't want the government involved in my health care decisions. I want to be able to have the final say over what I will or won't do, not the Coordinator of Health Information Technology or the Secretary of Human Health Services. Do you?

1 comment: