Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Where I sit

Let me just say it, I am a republican. Why? Because I find that the most important of choices and values to me, are held more closely by the Republicans than by the Democrats, such as abortion and traditional family values. Those values I believe have eternal consequences. While I do agree more so with Republicans about capitalism and the free market than the Democrats, I think that these are lesser reasons to align with one group over the other as they ultimately are much more temporal and transient than eternal. There are ideas and positions that I support held by both groups.

I think that for the most part both sides of the political spectrum desire the same ends, happiness and prosperity for all. It is in the means of achieving this end wherein I see the differences mount. There is merit on both sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment